|Hungary is ready to start e-Freight!|
We are just about to introduce e-Freight in Hungary also.
If you are interested in to get involved just send us a short message and we will contact you immediately with the details.
In 2004, IATA launched a project, IATA e-freight, designed to eliminate the need to produce and transport paper documents for air cargo shipments by moving to a more simple, industry-wide, electronic, paper-free environment.
As IATA e-freight impacts the entire cargo supply chain, an Industry Action Group has been formed, including airlines, top freight forwarders represented by their association, Freight Forward International and the World Customs Organization. Together with IATA, this group will align industry stakeholders and help drive the project forward.
- Cost reduction
- Harmonization and standardization
- Service to the end customer
There are benefits to all participants in implementing e-freight:
- Shipper-Expedited movement of goods, improved quality of service
- Forwarder-Process efficiency, reduced cost of compliance
- Airline-Process efficiency, cost reduction, improved competitiveness of air freight
- Customs-Faster, more accurate information for security screening & clearance
On the below link you can download the list of e-Freight current members and status: